Friday, November 26, 2010

3 Course Meal, Spaghetti, Fettuccine and Veal ( Bri-Bar)

Building Blocks
 








   After securing a victory in the 2nd annual Turkey Bowl I decide to come home and make pasta. I have done this a few times before and learned some valuable lessons along the way. My first attempts were done with out my Imperia Pasta Machine. They involved a lot of time spent with a rolling pin and an overall increase in forearm strength. Unfortunately I am no Lincoln Hawk and the hat on my head is just a hat, not a "switch". Thank heavens for its just a hat abilities which came in handy during the snowfall.
  Another tip for those that have never made pasta at home is use a mixing bowl if employing the "well method". Your counters will thanks you. For the task at hand I turned to two books only. The amount of recipes out there are endless. I only focused on Marc Vetri's and Michael Rhulman's. I made one batch of each and primarily cut only spaghetti and fettuccine. I also played with a few other shapes and made some ravioli for later uses.
Rhulman vs Vetri

  






 
   The most notable difference in the two batches is the richer color in the Vetri batch. This is due to the amount of eggs (yolks only) used in the recipe. Both batches turned out delicious pasta in the past and I am expecting great results as I get ready for my new Black Friday tradition. Stay Tuned

ready to cut









The Skinny Fat Kid

No comments:

Post a Comment