Tuesday, March 1, 2011

   Stephen Starr gets ambience right. Visiting any of his restaurants can be like walking into another world. I have walked past Parc on Rittenhouse Square and gotten the feeling any moment the cafe would explode. Tables would start to fly through the air, cardboard boxes would be launched skyward. Leonardo Dicaprio would then rise and walk toward me to give me my $12 back and apologize for stealing almost 3 hours of my life. I live in the real world not the dream world, so I just eat food.
   Starr's latest The Dandelion recreates the English pub. The design team once again did an amazing job and the culinary team delivered as well. The chicken and duck liver parfait was great. A large fist-sized portion came served with grape chutney, cornichons, and brioche. In the future I will definitely share this with someone else especially when it my second foie gras of the day. I was also impressed by the aroma of the fish and chips, but will save trying that for fish and chips month.

The Skinny Fat Kid

The Dandelion
124 S. 18th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
(215) 558-2500

1 comment: