Friday, January 21, 2011

Around The Way Girl (Las Cazuelas)

 



   Girard Avenue will not be the new Restaurant Row. The aromas and flavors of Ekta and Tiffin do intoxicate. Quince market still is a favorite of mine for a quick sandwich or some cheese and charcuterie. If I get started on the original Paesano's I will lose track of what I am supposed to be talking about. And the thing I am talking is a Mexican restaurant.
   Las Cazuelas is a restaurant born of the love of two communities. The owner was born in Puebla, Mexico and was raised here in Philadelphia. You can tell the pride he has in his history and accomplishments as soon as you step inside. I always know what type of restaurant I am in when I read anything on the menu described as award winning. The award winner in this case is a Molé Poblano served over chicken enchiladas. The molé was incredibly smooth and had a nice balance to it although I would have liked to have a bit more spice come through. My lunch visit left me with appreciation for another neighborhood place I have often overlooked. This is no frills Mexican cooking that is well executed and served by one of the friendliest (and cutest) servers I have had in a long while. The prices are very reasonable and the guacamole and flan were both pleasant additions to my meal. I look forward to grabbing lunch or dinner here again soon, but I have a lot more molé to eat before the end of January.  


The Skinny Fat Kid

Las Cazuelas
426 W Girard Ave # 28
Philadelphia, PA 19123-1425
(215) 351-9144
http://www.lascazuelas.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment